SEO is constantly changing and evolving. That’s why it is essential to stay on top of the latest SEO statistics and trends so you can adjust your strategy accordingly. Knowing how people interact with your website, what content they are looking for, and what type of keywords are being used can make a huge difference in your ranking. Here are the top SEO statistics to help you dominate search rankings in 2023.
1. 53% of all website traffic comes from organic search (Search Engine Journal).
2. 70-80% of users ignore paid search results and focus on organic results (WordStream).
3. On average, #1 ranked pages receive 33% more organic traffic than pages on the second page (Advanced Web Ranking).
4. Long-form blog posts between 2000-2500 words have higher chances of appearing at the top of SERPs (Ahrefs).
5. The first five organic results get 67.60% of all clicks (Backlinko).
6. 75% of searchers never scroll past the first page of search results (Blue Corona).
7. 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results (Bright Local).
8. HTTPS sites receive 6-7 positions higher on SERPs than HTTP sites (Moz).
9. 60% of Google searches come from mobile devices (Google).
10. Content length influences ranking—longer content ranks better than shorter content (Searchmetrics).
11 . About 50% of searches have local intent—local businesses should optimize their websites for local SEO keywords and phrases (Google ).
12 . Sites with fast loading speeds rank higher in search engine result pages than slower ones (Unbounce ).
13. 45% of searchers start their queries with a question word such as “what” or “where”(Google ).
14 . Including images in your content increases engagement by 94% (Buzzsumo ).
15 . Pages that take longer than three seconds to load lose 53% of mobile visitors (Kissmetrics )
16 . Content with at least one image gets 94% more views than content without any images (Jeffbullas)
17 . Long tail keywords convert better than short tail keywords because they target niche audiences who know exactly what they're looking for (SEMRush)
18. People spend less time reading online compared to print—20% of the time, to be exact. (Nielsen Norman Group)
19. Brands that create 15 blog posts per month average 1,200 new leads per month. (HubSpot )
20. 71% of B2B researchers begin their research with a generic Google search. (Feseable)
21. 69% of B2B buyers look for third-party articles before making a purchase. (Demand Gen Report )
22. Websites optimized for voice search rank better in both traditional desktop searches as well as voice searches. (Search Engine Land )
23. Mobile optimization helps websites increase visibility in both traditional desktop searches as well as voice searches. (Google)
Here is the voice search by age group:
24. Videos rank faster in SERPs compared to text-only webpages. (Forbes)
25. Video conversions are four times higher compared to text-only web pages. (Forbes )
26. Optimized videos appear twice as often on the first page of SERPs compared to non-optimized videos. (HubSpot)
27. Voice searches account for 40% of all searches worldwide. (SEJ )
28. 35% of people use voice assistants daily. (Voicebot AI)
29. 79% of consumers prefer visuals over text when shopping online. (SocialMediaToday)
30. Visuals increase consumer engagement by 94%. (BuzzSumo)
31. Images included in e-commerce product descriptions increase sales by 9%. (Content Insights )
32. Consumers respond positively when brands personalize emails based on their behaviors – 80% prefer personalized emails over generic ones. (Salesforce Research)
33. Email open rates increase by 50% when personalized messages include location and purchase history data related to individual customers. (Salesforce Research)
34. In 2019, 62% of companies reported increased success due to personalization efforts. (Accenture Interactive Study)
35. 26% increase in click-through rates when email subject lines contain emojis. (Campaign Monitor Study)
36. 72% believe content marketing is more effective than traditional advertising. (Content Marketing Institute Study)
37. 64% increase in click-through rate when emails contain social sharing buttons. (Return Path Study)
38. Quality always wins over quantity – long-form blog posts between 2,000–2,500 words get more shares
39. Content length influences ranking – longer content ranks better than shorter content
40. 59% spend 3 minutes or less reading an article; 44% spend less than one minute.
In order to Dominate Search Rankings in 2023, it is important to understand how people interact with your website and what type of keywords they use when searching online — this is where these 40 SEO statistics come into play! With these stats, you can make data-driven decisions about your site’s optimization strategy so you can continue improving your ranking!
By working with SourceSEM, you will stay ahead of the curve and will be able to keep up with changes in user behavior and Search Engines while gaining insights into what works best for your business. Contact SourceSEM for a free custom quote.